Cymbal DLT Companies is a Bespoke, Innovative, & Design-Driven Development Firm. Our design build process allows our team to maximize efficiencies in the development process form end to end. Our culture is highly collaborative, our mindset is best-in-class, and our ethos is continuous improvement. We are seeking highly motived individuals to join our fast-paced creative problem-solving environment and become part of a growing team.
- Coordinating the overall design process for your assigned project under the supervision of the Sr. Design Manager.
- Manage project team directory during preconstruction.
- Takes notes during design meetings and coordinates with the design consultants, the governing body (AHJ), utility companies and all other stakeholders to create project plans and incorporate Cymbal DLT Companies standard specifications
- Serves as Design Team coordinator and primary conduit for communication between development, construction, and design team.
- Procure, scope out, and negotiate proposals from design professionals to submit to Sr. Design Manager with a recommendation for approval.
- Coordinate each project’s Design Kick-off Meeting following Cymbal DLT Company standards.
- Help create and enforce a consultant deliverable schedule that supports the Project’s entitlement timeline.
- Conduct weekly meetings with consultants during preconstruction.
- Assists the Development team in managing the preparation of the Site plan approval submittal. Manages this process through the receipt of AHJ comments and all responses required to achieve Site Plan Approval.
- Assists the Development team in the preparation of the Schematic Design and Design Development progress sets when released to do so.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking subcontractor bids for overall project budget at each phase.
- Bring all changes to the attention of the Sr. Design Manager. Creatively problem solve and coordinate solutions.
- Submitting VE and substitution recommendations to the Sr. Design Manager and Development Team.
- Responsible for managing the AOR to prepare the CDs suitable for bidding, permitting and construction.
- Assist in managing the civil site development permit process and building permit plan review with the AHJ leading up to the start of construction.
- Manages the Civil Engineer and Architect as their primary POC for the Project.
- Perform Owner’s final plan review prior to designers issuing the building permit submittal set. Solicit and collect plan review comments from Director of Construction and key trades.
- Update the Design and Development Teams with respect to status, near term needs and critical issues concerning design and/or permitting progress.
- Track all design changes required because of VE changes.
- Communicate between Development and Construction to ensure that the active VE list of project upgrades is being considered and are accurate and complete.
- Monitor all RFIs and Submittals through Procore. Review and assist with all design related RFIs and Submittals. Monitor design team responses and determines if plan revisions will be required.
- With respect to CA Services provided by various design firms, the Design Manager can be dispatched by the Director of Construction to address issues having to do with designers’ responsiveness to the project team in hopes of resolving the delays before needing to escalate the issue.
- Design Manager CA duties may contain some travel. Will perform on-site observation reports at construction phases as scheduled per project.
- Attention to accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Architect by education and experience
- Registered Architect not required, but is a plus
- Construction Administration experience is a plus
- Served 5-10 years as a Project Architect/Project Manager on rental multifamily projects
- Not afraid to push and hold external and internal parties accountable
- Revu Bluebeam
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Creative Suite
- BIM 360